It is preferable to see patients at the surgery, whenever possible, as examinations and investigations can be carried out more fully there. However, the surgery provides a Home Visit Service to patients who are either:
- Too ill
- Too disabled to travel.
We do ask of you to consider whether it would be possible to ask relatives/friends to take you to the surgery or to take a taxi, so that the home visits can be reserved for those who really need it. To request a home visit:
- Telephone in the morning, preferably between 08:30 and 10:00.
- The receptionist will ask a set of questions about the illness and whether there is any possibility of coming to the surgery for an emergency appointment
- The doctor may feel that advice on treatment over the phone would be more appropriate.
- If you can be brought to the surgery, a side room can be made available and you can be seen by the doctor on call. We have wheelchairs available for your use.
- Help the doctor, especially if your house is on a busy road, new estate or difficult to find. Give the receptionist instructions and a telephone number.
- If a visit is not urgent it may be put off until next day.
Please do not abuse this service as it is very time and cost consuming.
Many more patients can be seen by the doctor in the surgery.